Getting Started With Voice Reminders
Automatic Voice Reminders calls your clients and speaks the appointment details to them. You can optionally ask them for confirmation of their attendance by pressing on their telephone keypad.
A voice reminder is made up of 2 parts
- Your voice recording script with general details of where, who or why
- DiaryBook's voice script with specific details of when: i.e. day, date and time
There are 3 steps to getting started with Voice Reminders
- Add a voice record
- Make a voice recording
- Add a reminder setting
Add a Voice Record
The first step is to add recording record that contains the script of your reminder.
- Click on the User button (showing the user's email address) in the top margin, select DiaryBook Settings sub-menu and click on Reminder Settings.
- Under the Appointment Reminder Settings Tab select the Voice Recordings sub-tab
- Click on the Add record icon () to open the Voice Record window
- Type out Your Script - this is what you will say in the voice recording
- If necessary edit DiaryBook's script - this is what DiaryBook will say about the appointment date and time
- Click Save
Make a Voice Recording
Once you created the Voice Record you can then make an actual voice recording in to it.
- In the Voice Recordings sub-tab, click the record control symbol () on your new voice record
- A new windows will open with instructions on how to record your voice message including the script of your message. You will need a telephone (preferably a land-line for quality). The instructions include a number to call and a pin number to reference your Voice Record. Follow the voice menu to make your recording.
- Once your recording has been made close the window. A symbol should appear next to your record showing that it contains a recording.
Add a Reminder Setting
Finally, you need to add a Reminder Setting that you can use whenever you want an appointment to use a voice reminder.
- Under the Appointment Reminder Settings Tab select the Reminder Settings sub-tab
- Click on the Add record icon () to open the Reminder Setting window
- Add a description for reference.
- Tick the Call Landline box
- Pick your new Voice Record in the Recording box
- Choose the number of days in advance the reminder should activate
- Choose the earliest time in the day the calls should be made
- Choose whether or not DiaryBook can call at the weekends.
- Click on Show Voice Options to open the voice options tab
- Confirm - DiaryBook will prompt the client to press 1 to confirm attendance
- Cancel - DiaryBook will prompt the client to press 3 if unable to attend
- Callback action - when a client calls back they can get a recording or be transferred to your clinic
- Forward Tel #: If the callback action is Forward Call type in number to forward call to
- Message Rec: if the callback action is Play Message choose the Voice Record to use
- Close Voice Options Window
- Click Save to save your new Reminder Setting
Adding an Appointment
Now when adding a new appointment, you can choose your reminder setting in the Remind Client Using section.
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Easily create CHM Help documents